OS Build Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Job Summary Are you passionate about software automation and release engineering? Does shipping an OS to hundreds of millions of users appeal to you? Be part of the team that ships macOS, iOS, tvOS and watchOS to the world! The SWE team is looking for an individual with strong OS fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to join an amazing team who ships OS’ that drive the Mac, iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV and Apple Watch. We’re looking for people who enjoy designing solutions to solve problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed cross-functional capacity
- Build and Release Engineering/Release Management experience highly desirable
- Project management experience in software development life cycle highly desirable
- Unix programming/scripting experience highly desirable
Coordinate cross functional teams and deliverables and gather requirements for shipping OS software Drive resolutions on build issues with engineering teams Provide daily prioritized information to the build and integration team on upcoming releases Releasing software to seed users and customers Work with engineering teams to prioritize daily build deliverables for upcoming releases and to triage issues Daily release of the OS and related builds Prioritize and manage side builds to help isolate and resolve critical software issues Own the responsibility for delivering beta software for Mac, iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV and Apple Watch to customers and developers Converge on developer seeds and customer shipping software by managing source changes for nightly builds
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.