Americas Supply Demand Planner
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Make a difference. We are looking for a dynamic, Americas Operations Supply / Demand Planner. The Americas Operations Supply / Demand Product Planner will be responsible for the product availability and revenue plan attainment for one of Apple’s product lines throughout North and South America. In this role, you will act as focal point in development, communication, and execution of product demand and supply plans, to meet our overall financial goals. Initial product line focus will be settled at time of hire, and future opportunities might be in any of Apple’s product lines. Initial functional focus could be in either Allocation or Planning. Extraordinary operational excellence is a cornerstone of our success, and the Americas Supply Demand organization plays a substantial role in ensuring operational and financial success for Apple.
- The ideal candidate should have 3+ years Operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.
- Prior experience in product planning, production control, inventory management, or production / manufacturing operations is strongly preferred.
- In this role, you will combine a working understanding of premier supply chain practices, strong problem solving capabilities, and business savvy.
- You are expected to exert thoughtful influence in a matrixed organization - should be a strong teammate and communicator.
- You should be confident presenting to senior management.
- Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of amenity in working with numbers.
Analyze forecasted demand, inventory, and channel and direct sell through, to develop and handle daily, weekly and quarterly supply plans. Results should meet Apple’s quarterly financial revenue plans, while achieving order cycle aggressive time goals and minimizing finished goods and raw material liability. Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. Publish build plan to factories after reviewing capacity, materials, and customer demand. Track OEM performance against plan using production control management systems. Analyze product order bookings, backlog, and billings daily. Identify problem areas, and drive appropriate functional groups to correct. Partner closely with worldwide product planning to ensure supply plans support direct, retail store, and channel weekly sell through, while maintaining appropriate channel inventory levels. Coordinate with Sales and Finance teams to set launch quantities and to ensure smooth product transitions. Partner with logistics teams to determine and execute optimal supply chain for all product shipments, incorporating both cost and customer service metrics. Set supply chain cost targets for product line, measure actual achievement, target improvement. Present product status updates on a weekly basis to Americas Supply / Demand management team. Improve product allocation and planning processes. Identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion, to achieve targeted measurable benefits.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Required. MBA Desirable. APICS certification a plus.