Senior UX Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
The IS&T User Experience Design team is seeking a Senior UX Designer to work on human interface design for applications on all our platforms including iOS, OSX, web apps. The ideal candidate has a proven track record solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms. She or he has an eye for detail, and possesses a strong blend of hard and soft skills necessary to create delightful experiences for our users and partners. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be involved at every step of a project—from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching amazing experiences. You are motivated by the challenges that arise from evolving a growing team, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. You should have confidence and experience in talking to audiences of various sizes, and you should be comfortable facilitating workshops to help groups of people work through problem finding and solving. You have vision and passion for creating an environment for a high performing, and balanced UX team. You are genuine and authentic and care about producing meaningful work via commitment and accountability. You will help solve ambiguous and large problems at scale across teams and business units. This role will focus on scaling our team in Austin by offering a subset of the existing services we offer as a larger team in California. This role allows you to shape the future of Apple's enterprise employee experiences — and create the most impactful work of your career.
- A portfolio of your work must show applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy. Examples of prior facilitation, training or speaking engagements. Portfolio should show strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking. Work must show attention to detail in every aspect.
- 7-10 years experience driving design through high functioning, demanding product teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Human Factors, or a related field/equivalent
- Passionate about user-centered design and the ability to zoom in on details, without losing sight of the big picture
- Must be a natural collaborator, able to draw on the expertise of others and know how to navigate relationships
- Energetic personality and a strong ability to build strong relationships across team members, practices and stakeholders
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with an emphasis on presenting to various audiences of experience level and size
- Ability to operate independently
- Exceptional at cutting through ambiguity and resolving conflicting priorities
- Experienced in creating, organizing, and maintaining documentation
- Experience with collaborative thinking and decision-making, preferably with agile or related development methodology
- Interdisciplinary, open-minded approach to problem-solving
The Senior UX Designer is a hands-on role, creating designs, defining requirements, documenting and organizing various artifacts. You must also work adeptly with other designers, prototypers, and developers, teamwork is critical for success. The right candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, and communicative. Identify gaps that need to be filled to scale the team, and increase efficiency and collaboration across team members and products Create designs and artifacts throughout the entire product development lifecycle such as journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, specifications Understand the value behind product decisions and advocate for solutions that bring both end user benefit and business value Develop comprehensive plans of action to strategically fill the identified gap areas Collaborate closely with design leaders, partner teams and Apple's internal network of designers Facilitate education and training of developers and junior designers on the principles of design thinking Lead brainstorming workshops and co-design activities with internal groups and with end users Mentor designers and work with design management to help develop challenging career development opportunities Evangelize and support a unified and holistic Design System across the organization Be a change catalyst across the organization
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science,Graphic Design, or Computer Science with an emphasis on UI development
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We do not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.