Caffè Macs Cook 2 Line
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. Caffe Sr. Line Cook 3 executes various kitchen tasks as set out by Cook Lead and Kitchen Manger. This role is responsible for knowing appropriate methods for each task, handling time in each task appropriately, and have a broad understand of cooking techniques, methods, and kitchen equipment. You also need to stay up to date on health and food safety rules.
- Communication skills are essential for this role in order to foster a healthy team environment, advance a variety of kitchen related needs to leadership and interact with guests.
- Can you accurately follow recipes timely and effectively operate cooking equipment all while monitoring ticket times and calling out issues with tickets in a timely manner?
- Do you know how to use the tools needed for the task, the appropriate method, and proper seasoning of food?
- We need you to be flexible and adaptable so you can work effectively under stress all while being able to take direction, showing your dedication to quality service expectations.
- Discuss service plan with Lead Cook and Kitchen Manager prior to service.
- Can you manage multiple tasks and projects while you stay organized and cool?
We serve our campus by maintaining an amazing level of food-safety and cleanliness standards at all times. This includes maintaining a tidy station before/during/after service hours. Our work areas are kept clean and clutter free. You will also own calling out any equipment concerns and maintaining the proper condition of our tools. Under the supervision of a Kitchen Manager, you will receive detailed instructions for the day to include opening/closing duties, and services duties. Do you have amazing cooking skills? You will use those skills and ideas while implementing appropriate cooking methods and techniques. You should be able to execute multiple tasks with limited direction to complete daily menus plus help with plating and assisting in menu adjustments.
Education & Experience
Typically 3-6 years high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party. May also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain. Inclusive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce Extraordinarily Service Oriented - a proven high level of customer service is absolutely mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties.
- This position will spend time sitting and standing
- Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to understand sanitation directions