Systems Integration EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Hardware Test Engineering Group has an immediate opening for a Systems Integration EPM to work on test development for next generation cutting-edge computer hardware and software systems. . In this role, you will be responsible for driving teams to define test cases for new system hardware to catch issues early in the hardware life cycle. Your contributions will make a pronounced difference to future Apple products. We are seeking someone who has a strong passion for empirical research and answers hard questions with data; and has demonstrated the ability to conceptualize, promote and implement data analysis methodologies. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment, have solid background working with Embedded Systems, excellent communication skills, and a strong desire to work with cross-functional teams.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent required: 3-5 years industry experience
- Solid Computer Architecture fundamentals, a great intuition of software and hardware interactions.
- Understanding of microelectronics circuits, Boot-up sequence and sleep/wake flows.
- Experience designing tests for high volume products from concept to production
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype creation, initial bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and testing skills like (FMEA/RCFA)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior executives
- Strong background in computer architecture, bus technologies (such as I2C, SPI) and IO protocols (such as PCIe, USB)
- Strong knowledge of embedded hardware/software and EE fundamentals are highly desired
- Python/Perl/Lua any one scripting experience is a must
- Manufacturing experience and prior exposure to working with contract manufacturers are highly desired
- Mac OS X and/or iOS experience, are a plus
- Previous experience in post-silicon validation is a plus
You will be working with various teams to architect and coordinate definition of a test suite targeted for hardware qualification. Responsibilities include: Drive HW qualification goals and develop tests by interacting with multiple teams within Apple spanning from Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and Physical Design Own and develop system integration tests for a subset of the overall system Analyzing data from hardware builds to enable feedback to test definition, hardware design and manufacturing quality Leading data driven efforts to identify hardware coverage gaps and redundancies and presenting findings to the executive management team as needed Scoping the development and dependencies of drivers, applications, protocols, frameworks, and command line utilities for testing of hardware internally Take a role in improving how projects are run and executed Lead all aspects of multiple projects including requirements, timelines, communications and resource allocation. Own overall cross-functional project schedules including deliverables from other Apple team Regular communication to the executive team is expected
Education & Experience
Education * BS Electrical / Computer Engineering or relevant work experience (MS is a plus)