Sr. Program Manager - Planning Enablement & Optimization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Senior Program Manager within the Worldwide Business Process Engineering (BPR) organization, you will work with a globally dispersed cross- functional team to lead resources, prepare appropriate documentation based on the project size, delegate tasks to team members, effectively and clearly communicate project status, handle project risk, monitor the change readiness of the business as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews. You will lead all aspects of project information including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition, and provide oversight of a global portfolio of projects.
- Solid track record of leading strategic projects combined with executing tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Broad supply chain exposure with expertise in a specific area to include logistics, fulfillment, procurement or Supply Chain Operations.
- Experience driving supply chain process improvement or advanced planning system implementation projects is desired.
- Experience planning, managing, delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) projects.
- Shown ability to lead to deadlines and meet cost constraints.
- Proficient at running multiple efforts at a time in a global company.
- Strong communication across project and management teams.
- Excellent leadership skills that improve project team effectiveness.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles. Proficient in business process flow diagramming.
- Ability to facilitate Brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
- Ability to perform robust business process analysis and recommend solution. Literacy with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
You have the ability to lead medium to large size, global cross- functional projects. You will also be responsible for leading and identifying business process re- engineering opportunities. We are seeking an experienced people manager to handle complex, global initiatives supporting Worldwide Sales Operations Support (WW SOS) initiatives. You will be responsible for running cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to define, build and roll-out innovative technology and business process solutions that increase efficiencies, improve customer satisfaction, builds customer loyalty, and drive revenue. You will work with senior leadership and global teams to define processes and system roadmaps and drive improvements of the organization. This effort is directly linked to our commercial strategy and needs to be forward-looking. This may include: • Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs • Building Internal and external expertise driving standard methodology and innovation. • Situation analysis and audit of current organization / process / data and systems • Gap analysis of as-is vs. to-be. • Proposing and driving new solutions that may be implemented WW or addressing local processes • Develop metrics such as customer satisfaction, user acceptance, business impact, e.g. apply analytical skills to inspire change. • Serve as liaison to Operation teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support WW Sales Operations Support (WW SOS) programs. Partners with key cross-functional partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation • Act as a liaison between the business teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions • Drives the design, development, implementation and management of solutions. • Work with business leads to define and run business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies • Lead change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required, MBA is desired.
- 10-15 years of global supply chain management experience in high-tech/consumer electronics industry or consulting.
- Prior consulting experience with top consulting firms is desirable but not required.