Siri - Senior Engineering Program Manager, Siri ASR Accuracy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
EPMs are a versatile group responsible for Project, Program and Product management at Apple. The Siri Speech accuracy team, improving Siri ability to understand the user correctly, is looking for an EPM organize the planning, execution and success tracking of the team's efforts to ship the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love. Play a key role in creating groundbreaking technology in the space of machine hearing, speech recognition, natural language processing, machine translation, text-to-speech, and artificial intelligence. You will work with a top-flight engineering team to systematically improve Siri interaction quality for production customers and quantify the improvement by defining and tracking accuracy metrics across the stack.
- 5+ years working with machine learning modeling and engineering teams to define stable metrics which represent the user experience with a product
- 5+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Program / Project / Product Management, or Business Analysis)
- 3+ years focused on failure analysis of an ML system
- 2+ years experience working on machine learning technologies speech recognition, machine translation, text-to-speech, and natural language processing preferred
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with multi-tasking and creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Love of languages!
• Organize the portfolio of projects across the ML teams contributing to the production accuracy. Drive the organizational resource planning efforts for that portfolio. • Work with engineering counterparts to define stable metrics that can we measure on a release-to-release basis for benchmarking quality improvements. Own the monitoring and reporting on these product successes for the entire Siri organization. • Communicate project status to leads and executives, present in executive reviews and coordinate product demos • Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE/CS/CE or equivalent