Siri - Engineering Program Manager, Siri Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As a member of the Siri EPM team, you will be responsible for improving and enhancing the Siri Platform that supports our engineers, internal users, and millions of users around the world. We are looking for people to work with engineers to build real-time streaming data transport and to build new client-server APIs. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, to lead innovative projects that have broad impact, and to coordinate projects across a variety of teams.
- 5+ years of technical program management and/or experience covering as many of the following as possible: a large-scale & international user base, real-time streaming data pipelines, ETL pipelines, data analytics.
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Familiar with architecture and technology stacks of streaming and batch data processing such as Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- Work with teams across Siri, from server and client engineers, to drive and ship improvements and enhancements to the Siri platform. - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines. Own all aspects of planning, drive requirements definition, scoping, prioritization and resource allocation, and be fully responsible for the schedule. - Drive comprehensive and real-time analytics and reporting on key operational measurements for quality, performance, capacity, and reliability. Use that data to drive good priority and resourcing decisions. - Be the main communicator for the Siri Platform team, provide timely updates for all project milestones, identify and communicate risks to the team and management, and work on appropriate solutions with Engineering. - Build relationships across the Siri organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent