Display Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our display engineer team.
- 5+ years significant proven experience crafting consumer electronics and/or embedded systems
- Must have strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Should demonstrate strong verbal and written communications
- Experience in a lab environment prototyping circuits, design bring-up,plus hands-on with oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DAQ, et
- Should have experience leading high volume products from concept to mass production
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: Differential serial links (e.g.LPDP, MIPI) and I2C/SPI/UART buses.
- Experience in one or more of: MCU/CPLD, power (DC-DC converters, power management, low power design), analog circuits,
- display technology, and system integration.
- Expertise in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Experience in modeling power consumption for various usage
- Experience in predicting hardware performance by simulation
- Experience in capacitive multi-touch preferred
- Experience in micro-LED or OLED display is a plus
- Apply your engineering expertise and work with multi-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love - Tackle significant engineering problems by selecting components, crafting schematics, directing layout, and bringing-up/debugging circuits in the lab - Collaborate with a large number of groups including PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, HW Test, etc. to bring a product from concept to mass production - Have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits - Define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs - Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product - Grow and develop your skills in a dynamic reciprocal environment Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BACHELORS OR MASTERS DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR EQUIVALENT
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion & diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.