SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MAPS NAVIGATION FRAMEWORK TEAM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Have you taken time to think about where you are going or where ou have been? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Join our team and help millions of developers bring to bear amazing solutions based on our incredible location data. Maps is seeking a talented software engineer with proven software engineering skills to help create and innovate the next generation Maps experience on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS while overseeing and mentoring junior engineers. Can you think clearly, have uncommon sense, innovate down to the very last details, and drive what matters? With your passion, enthusiasm, and dedication, there is no telling what you can accomplish. Join us to build a Maps experience that will delight millions of customers every day!
- As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. If you are a smart, creative, visionary software engineer who’s always looking for a better way, we’d like to talk to you.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong experience with Objective-C and app development concept such as concurrency and threading (including Grand Central Dispatch), memory management with MRR and ARC, embedded software constraints, and performance analysis
- Git and Xcode
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Ability to work with cross functional engineering teams.
- Experience in delivering complex software releases on tight schedules with high quality.
- Commitment to developing automated testing infrastructures for your work.
- Design best-in-class architectures and resilient code
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Love mentoring junior engineers
Do you want to help shape the future of Mapping Frameworks for Apple? Are you looking to contribute to the foundation at the core of the positioning-based experiences found on iPhone, iPad, WATCH, and TV? As a client engineer working on our Navigation team, your primary responsibility will be to continue to build and open up the boundaries of our navigation experience & framework. You'll be working closely with the Maps Client & Server teams along with many other teams at Apple to innovate and produce an exclusive guidance experience. To meet these demands, you’ll need to be a fantastic iOS or macOS developer, be able to debug with great proficiency, and ready to eek out the best-possible application performance using a variety of tools and techniques. An aptitude for crafting both user and developer interfaces will also serve you well. Maps frameworks are supported on multiple platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS), so understanding and developing shared codebases between different operating systems is a requirement. AS OUR TEAM MEMBER, YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE - Partnering with other Apple teams to iterate, innovate, and investigate new ways of presenting data to our external App developer community - Using your expert knowledge of systems and frameworks to ensure our system is scalable and useable for many different platforms. - Mentoring other team members related to system-level standard methodologies such as memory management, object-oriented design, and production level code. - Demonstrating your current programming knowledge to create, write and oversee clean, concise, and accurate Objective-C based code.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- While not necessary, the following skills would be helpful:
- * Experience with and a passion for maps and navigation
- * Past experience building frameworks