Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity? A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged inspired, and you will be proud. Maps are a significant part of our everyday lives. Whether you are looking for the nearest gas station, finding a transit route that gets you to the big game before kickoff, or selecting the magnificent restaurant for dinner, you are relying on information from the Maps Data Engineering Team. Our Maps team is charged with aggregating, processing, filtering and conflating data from many sources and multiple modalities and presenting a unified, rich, and up to date set of Points of Interest (POIs) to hundreds of millions of Apple Maps users across the world. We’re looking for a scientist/engineer who is expected to take projects from initial data mining and research through all stages of prototyping, development and final integration and into the production data that goes out the users. At Apple, our team provides the foundation for building extraordinary customer experiences, with features that have become an indispensable part so many lives around the world.
- You have 3+ years’ or PhD experience working on applications of machine learning
- You posses an intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- You are experienced working with large, real world data — big, messy, incomplete, full of errors
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Caffe2
- Experience applying ML techniques to time-series data
- Intuition about algorithm and system performance
- Deep learning, computer vision, topic modeling, graph algorithms are pluses
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Full ownership of project and its properly evaluated and deployed operation in production is a requirement
Apple Maps is searching for a creative and dedicated individual to join our team. We seeking motivated people who are passionate about working on a small, focused team. You will take ownership of a project that focuses on a topic such as classification, attribute ranking, filtering, enriching of entity records or their data or evaluating systems that do these things. Implement open source and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing the data. Use multiple signal sources, data aggregation and time-series modeling to resolve or correct the current state and attributes of POIs worldwide.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or related field