Display Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- The candidate needs to have 3 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in the mechanical design and development of opto-mechanical modules (displays, cameras, projectors, etc).
- Demonstrated ability of mechanical design and validation experience
- Design for optical requirements a positive
- Experience with plastic part design and corresponding tooling design
- Design for clear plastic (optical grade) or high cosmetic requirements a positive
- Programming experience in Matlab, Python, R, or JMP/Minitab
- Experience with programming Monte Carlo analysis a positive
- Experience with diverse supply chains and vendor collaboration
- Experience with CAD modeling, engineering drawing creation, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodology, process capability, and yield
- JMP programming experience for tolerance and yield analysis a positive
- Experience of applying Design of Experiments (DOE) to solve engineering issues.
- High-volume IT products or accessories development or manufacturing experience.
- Product or component reliability tests and failure analysis experience.
- Great team working and communication skills
Apple is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the development activities for next generation opto-mechanical architectures used in future Apple products. - Investigate next generation display/optical architectures, mechanical package designs, and technologies to enhance opto-mechanical performance and enable robust, compact system designs. - Define overall mechanical architecture and performance requirements. - Achieve system performance goals through mechanical design optimization, utilizing 3D CAD, prototyping, and new material and manufacturing processes. - Define and implement rigorous plans for mechanical characterization and validation. - Collaborate with system engineering teams to integrate optical modules into systems using advanced assembly processes and cutting edge materials. - Collaborate with project teams and suppliers on supply chain development, product engineering, and initial product ramp. - Work with reliability teams to test modules and systems, drive failure analysis to determine root cause, implement corrective actions, and complete validation.
Education & Experience
BSME, MSME or PhD