Thermal Architect / Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Thermal team is seeking a Thermal Architect/Scientist to focus on technology development and play a key role in the design of Apple products. The primary responsibility of this role is to identify and productize new hardware/software technologies that will meet or exceed challenging thermal objectives.
- Recognized innovator and leader in consumer electronics cooling.
- Proven track record of developing and working with innovative thermal technologies.
- Design and research experience.
- Demonstrated success in bringing new thermal technologies to fruition.
- Deep technical and functional expertise in conduction, convection (passive and active), and radiation.
- Insight into the technical details of traditional and non-traditional thermal solutions, materials, manufacturing processes, and metrology methods.
- Persistent attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment with internal teams and external vendors.
- Strong communication skills within multi-functional design teams and with executives.
You will identify risks to the thermal performance of future Apple products and develop new thermal technologies that will overcome them. You must have a deep understanding of product design trade-offs along with the fundamental physics associated with heat and fluid flow, as these will be combined to overcome future design challenges. The ability to clearly communication technically complex material to multi-functional design teams and executives is a requirement. You should be someone that will thrive in a dynamic work environment.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Heat Transfer or Fluid Dynamics