Senior Engineering Manager, Device Diagnostics Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Applied Machine Learning group is looking for a passionate technical leader for the device diagnostics platform engineering team. Our team of world-class engineers builds the core services that powers the cloud based embedded field diagnostics for billions of Apple products. This is an opportunity to join and lead this team and drive the roadmap for the next generation of the platform. If you are a hands on technical manager, passionate about highly scalable systems, a leader who cherishes building teams, this is the job for you.
- 4+ years management experience in software engineering.
- Track record of building and managing engineering driven teams.
- 10+ years in hands on software development in highly scalable services.
- System thinker, proven ability to design systems that sits at intersection of complex ecosystems.
- Fluency in Java or other modern programming languages with strength in design patterns and OO design.
- Knowledge of Linux or unix-like operating systems, networking protocols, security, and file systems.
- Familiarity with distributed queues, databases, and stream processing.
- Passion for high-quality code, tests, CI/CD, documentation, and addressing recurring problems with automation.
- Ability to engage in vigorous debate to arrive upon the simplest possible solutions.
- Proficient in communicating and championing technical ideas with all levels of the organization including executives.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast-paced work environment; experience leading multiple projects at a time.
- Curiosity for learning how things work and fail, and strong problem-solving skills to diagnose and remediate multi-faceted problems.
- Lead a team of highly-skilled engineers, empower and enable them to deliver best in class technology solutions. - Define, prioritize, and deliver on an inspiring product strategy and roadmap. - Managing scope and timelines for project deliverables - Cultivate an environment that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and creativity. - Develop and evolve the team's processes, values, and culture, with a focus on camaraderie, efficiency and simplicity. - Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers, with an emphasis on coaching and career development. - Work with cross-functional teams to influence the direction and strategy for diagnostic services at Apple.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience