Camera Calibration and Instrumentation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Hardware metrology team is looking for a system design engineer directly responsible for the design of optical instrumentation systems which carry out camera calibration and test for Apple’s new product introduction (NPI). This engineer works closely with vendors, Camera Design and operation groups to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- Strong programming skills in Matlab and C/C++/C#/Objective C.
- 2-5 years of related work experience in Camera or Imaging Industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of two or more of the following: camera, computer vision, image processing, optical
- Imaging/measurement/test system development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Large quantity data processing & analysis capability in Matlab/Perl/ Ruby/Python/JMP
- Strong problem solving capability
- Estimated travel: up to 20% international travel.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross-functional and fast pace environment.
Design, specification, development and deployment of camera, display calibration and test systems for Apple products. Responsibilities include: Develop, optimize and debug calibration and image processing algorithms & software in Matlab/C/ObjectiveC Design and specify the calibration and test methodology and stations according to product characters and quality requirements . Specify and acquire measuring/calibrating equipment, components and tools for use in a NPI environment (e.g.collimators, Spectrometer, fixtures, etc.) Develop and optimize the entire station H/W and S/W solution Qualify and debug the calibration and test station from system level down to component level, and improve station maturity Deploy and monitor the stations, analyze large quantity station data, and formulate reports throughout the NPI cycle Cooperate with cross functional teams to specify and implement test coverage Work with fixture, equipment, component vendors to develop and deploy test stations from scratch
Education & Experience
MS in EE/CS/Imaging/Physics/Optics/Color Science