iOS Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Partner Solutions and Technology team-built systems for the most dynamic and versatile business team at Apple. Apple is looking for an experienced iOS Engineering Manager with a passion for delivering enterprise iPhone and iPad apps. Come work on high-impact projects that serve various business units within Apple. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- 3 years experience managing a team of engineers.
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Up-to-date experience with UIKit and the iOS SDK.
- Experience delivering customer facing and business critical applications.
- In-depth understanding of Swift or Objective-C.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- A track record in leading projects, mentoring peers, and collaborating with technical and business partners.
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers.
- Loves learning new technologies.
- Deeply concerned about excellence and perfection in products and services.
- Experience with Core Data or similar persistence frameworks is a plus.
- Ability to review designs and code, provide actionable feedback, and follow up on technical topics.
- Ability to coordinate between many different teams and partners, making the right trade-offs in dealing with complexity, conflicting priorities, and aggressive schedules.
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to hire, mentor and handle the performance of a large team.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives and business stakeholders.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
As a Senior iOS Manager to lead the Apple Partner Solutions and Technology iOS team, you will be responsible for delivering engineering and operational excellence for B2B, Channel, Enterprise and Beats. • You will be responsible for managing the architecture, design, development, and deployment of enterprise iOS applications. • A strong background with development, implementation and operational experience is required for this leadership role. • A consistent track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers to draw out their best work will be key to success. • Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other multi-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be meaningful attributes to possess.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering plus 10+ years software development experience or MS degree plus 10+ years iOS experience or equivalent experience.