DevOps Engineering Manager - Apple Corporate Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about DevOps and SRE, and building the practice through automation and engineering excellence? If so, we’d like to talk to you! We are looking for an outstanding, highly driven senior technical leader to lead and grow DevOps in Corporate Systems Engineering operations. Our DevOps engineering team builds and manages capabilities which ensures that Apple’s corporate applications are delivered accurately, reliably and with speed. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible CI/CD platform and services. As a DevOps Engineering Manager you will have the unique opportunity to lead the team, and to drive the strategy and solutions for delivering best in the class DevOps, large-scale CI/CD platform and help build modern software systems. We are looking for a strong hands-on leader to lead DevOps engineering for corporate systems products, both internal and external facing. The DevOps engineering team is part of the engineering operations team for corporate systems. This team is directly responsible to build, manage and expand CI/CD platform and enabling software releases in a fast paced enterprise environment. You will be partnering closely software development teams and infrastructure teams. And, be responsible for building and supporting CI/CD platforms, environment buildout and support, software build and releases, automation solutions, installing and configuring application software, and upkeep of systems through patching and upgrades.
- Passion for driving great DevOps and SRE solutions through automation and effective processes.
- 8+ years experience in DevOps, systems engineering, software development engineering.
- At least three years experience in management leadership role for DevOps/SRE.
- Managed and led a team of engineers plus experience working with vendor based resources.
- Proven track record of leading teams focused on DevOps, large scale CI/CD automation, building tools, enabling software development and quality.
- Be very hands-on in automation design, development and implementation.
- Strong in analytical problem solving and looking beyond what’s obvious.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Implemented applications in private clouds and AWS; Kubernetes and Docker.
- Complex Unix/Linux environments, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience implementing solutions with MongoDB, Oracle, Cassandra and other data stores.
- Experience in scripting languages (perl, PHP, Phython, or similar), Java, etc.
- Experience in building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
- Worked in an environment with combination of in-house, cloud-based, and SaaS based business applications.
- Experience tracking, reporting issues, bugs & third-party issues etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- See yourself working in a fast paced environment, deal with ambiguity.
- Partner with global teams, development managers and other teams to organize responsibilities, and to drive strategic initiatives.
You will be responsible for driving DevOps and systems engineering operations, while working closely with development and other engineering teams. In this role, a successful candidate would help lead efforts in effective service delivery, automation, build & release engineering. This role will build, coach, and grow the team, and strive to continually improve efficiency of how things are done. You will be working closely with U.S. and India based teams and in a multi-vendor resourcing model. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven leadership experience. This position requires an individual to be able to manage a team and work cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate complex project delivery.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.