Siri - Data Scientist
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the ongoing revolution in human-computer interaction. Give to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Expertise in natural language processing and machine learning, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking.
- Proficiency in data science and analytics, including statistical analyses and A/B testing.
- Experience designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
- Strong programming skills, expert knowledge of algorithms and data structures (Python, Java, or equivalent).
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists.
- Experience with human-labeled data collection, ideally in the domain of linguistic annotation, and practical implementation of item response theory.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of engineers. Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Ability to apply Big Data tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig, Spark) to large quantities of textual data is desired.
The goal of the Siri Machine Learning & Natural Language team is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced statistical techniques. The Senior Data Scientist role employs a spectrum of approaches for improving Siri. At one end, this position involves deriving key insights from large amounts of usage data to suggest new features and fundamental improvements to the user experience. At the other end is work on core machine learning algorithms and systems that are part of Siri’s ability to understand and respond to requests. Ability to draw on and develop a wide variety of skills is necessary in all aspects of the Senior Data Scientist role. This role also involves technical leadership and mentorship of data scientists and machine learning engineers. Growing teams, both through recruiting and technical skills development, is an essential responsibility of the Senior Data Scientist role. This is an unusual opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of data science and machine learning, and your work will have a huge impact on hundreds of millions of users across the globe. Furthermore, you’ll be instrumental to developing & growing a team of data scientists, and have the opportunity to set technical direction and establish team culture. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent, plus 3 or more years of relevant industry experience.
Education & Experience
Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent, plus 3 or more years of relevant industry experience.