Legal Counsel, Content Review - Original Content, Legal and Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the delivery process and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep delivery expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an exceptional content-review attorney to join its team, which supports Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- Knowledge of — coupled with passion and curiosity about — the legal doctrines that underpin speech and creativity, here and abroad.
- Three or more years’ experience vetting scripts and cuts, and advising creative and business teams, from development through distribution, on potential defamation, privacy, copyright, right-of-publicity, and trademark issues arising from show or film content.
- Five or more years’ experience practicing law.
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry.
- Ideally, experience with new-media production and distribution, as well as interest in other emerging technologies.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
Apple’s Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and worldwide distribution of television and movies. In this role, you’ll conduct the front-line legal assessment of creative concepts and content, in development and production, consistent with the company’s legal policies and practices. You'll review development materials, scripts and cuts, and liaise with the creative and legal teams to resolve content-related issues in alignment with Apple’s strategic goals and priorities. You’ll bring to bear your extensive knowledge of the First Amendment and other legal doctrines that affect content domestically, as well as the flexibility to grapple with new layers of complexity that worldwide distribution may create. You’ll help build up our legal clearance process, of course — and this is just the list of great stuff we can fit in the job description. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated counselor who can give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines; extra points for a good sense of humor. This is the rare jewel of a job for the right person. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials, and a license to practice in California or the ability to register here as in-house counsel.