Siri - Performance and Reliability Team Data Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. The vision for the Siri Performance and Reliability team is to empower Siri organization to improve Siri quality by using data as the voice of our customers. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices!
- 4+ years of experience in developing jobs in the MapReduce/Hadoop ecosystem, especially with Spark/Scala.
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Scala, Java, C++).
- Ability to use several scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, HDFS, Hive, MapReduce), Spark, Solr, Kafka.
- Experience with Batch and Streaming data processing
- Experience with SQL and basic database knowledge for modifying queries and tables.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of probability and basic statistics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working on multi-functional projects.
- An obsession with quality.
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled developer who is a creative problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and organizations, and has a passion for quality. We thrive in automation, designing and implementing frameworks and other infrastructure for data analysis, creating tools with elegant and effective user interfaces. If you're interested, you're probably a strong programmer with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. You also have a passion to make the best products possible is the key for success in our group. You will create design patterns to ensure your metrics can be easily understood and reused in different contexts. You will also contribute to the design of our full system architecture. Create unit and functional tests to validate that your code continues to work in a fast-paced environment. You will provide technical expertise to other teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks. As a Data Engineer on the Siri Performance and Reliability, you will have significant responsibility and influence in improving Siri by using data to measure user perceived latency, errors and failures along with user abandonments. You will develop large scale data processing and analytical solutions. You will collaborate with our quality initiative leaders to ensure the system is meeting the needs, and iterate as well as innovate based on observations and requirements gathering. Our engineers collaborate with many internal sub-teams, such as engineering, design, QA, operations, and project management, and will be working in a heterogeneous environment. A successful candidate will have experience in large-volume data ingestion, processing, and analysis in near real-time. Design, implement, and manage scalable data models and pipelines used by all Siri teams. Build analytical solutions to enable data analysts to perform accurate and consistent analysis efficiently. Thus deep technical capabilities, strong communication skills and a knack to use hard data to triage issues is a must have requirement.
Education & Experience
MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.