Siri - Lead Software Engineer - Siri Maps
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Siri helps hundreds of millions of people every single day to accomplish their most important tasks. A critical part of that mission is helping find and navigate to local businesses, places of interest and addresses. Users rely on Siri to seamlessly access relevant local information such as favorite restaurants, bike stores, salons, coffee shops, and local area attractions. The Siri team is looking for a hands on engineering leader who wants to bring their passion for local search to Siri and can motivate and guide a team of engineers to deliver the best Apple experiences for Siri and Maps. Our team combines strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of all things local to bring together the pieces needed to deliver a world class Maps experience in Siri.
- - Proven ability mentor, and lead technical teams
- - Expertise in full product lifecycle; technical designs, project planning, iterative implementation, and successful product launches
- - Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- - Large scale systems design experience
- - Search relevance experience
- - You have the ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- - You have 5 years minimum of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
Apple's Siri team is seeking a hands-on Lead Engineer to lead Maps product and quality improvements in Siri. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. This role focuses on leading the development of systems, algorithms, and ranking systems that drive Siri Maps use cases and results as well as leading end-to-end quality measurement and improvements for these use cases. You will have the chance to create and develop complex systems, and lead, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers. THIS ROLE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES: - Surprising and delighting Siri Maps customers - Lead, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers - Architect and develop Siri Maps product updates features and improvements - Drive end-to-end quality improvements for Siri Maps - Drive technical and cross-functional projects and provide leadership in an innovative and dynamic environment
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.