Siri - Performance Development Team: Full Stack Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. The vision for the Siri Performance Development team is to empower Siri organization by developing innovative tools infrastructure, automated data analysis and visualization to improve Siri performance and reliability for our customers. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices!
- 4+ years of experience in developing Large Scale tools infrastructure, Automated data analysis and Visualization.
- Expert knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++, Scala).
- Expert knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash etc.).
- Understanding of large scale distributed system architectures
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem solving ability and critical thinking
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Passionate about customer focus, with the understanding of business impact to drive the system improvement
The Siri team is looking for a talented, broadly-skilled developer who is a creative problem-solver, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well across teams and organizations, and has a passion for quality. We thrive in automation, designing and implementing frameworks and other infrastructure for data analysis, creating tools with elegant and effective user interfaces. As a Full Stack Engineer on the Siri Performance Development Team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in improving Siri during early phase of software development lifecycle by building large scale tools infrastructure, automated data analysis and visualization to improve Siri performance and reliability. Your efforts will help our quality initiative leaders to ensure the system is meeting the needs, and iterate as well as innovate based on observations and requirements gathering. Our engineers collaborate with many internal sub-teams, such as engineering, design, QA, operations, and project management, and will be working in a heterogeneous environment. You will have experience in developing large-scale tools and infrastructure to provide performance as a service for automated performance evaluation and validation for all Siri teams. If you're interested, you probably are a generalist engineer, defying categorization. Strong programming, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a passion to make the best products possible is the key for success in our group.
Education & Experience
MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent experience
- Experience of building Robot automation based on Raspberry pie or other open standards
- Big data and analytics experience: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, R