Production Counsel (Kids & Family), Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an experienced attorney to handle development, production and licensing of kids and family content. You will be an integral part of the team and will oversee all facets of in-house and third-party productions.
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- You will have a mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience with a focus on the acquisition, development, and production of kids and family content
- Experience with animated productions and knowledge of Local 839
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of television and films. In this role, you will work closely with the legal affairs and business affairs partners to negotiate, draft and review the agreements necessary to develop, produce and/or license Apple’s kids and family productions, from development through exhibition. They should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts and should be adept at developing and fostering relationships with their counterparts within the animation production community. You will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator drafter, an energetic team member on the ground, and a counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials, and admitted to practice in California.