Software Engineer - Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Apple Maps Special Projects Team to craft the future of Apple Maps in a team of scientists and SW engineers!
- 1-2 years of experience in C, C++, Java, Rust, Swift, or equivalent languages.
- Experience on client-side or server backend applications.
- Experience with development on Linux, macOS, iOS, or similar UNIX-like OS.
- Self-starter with an independent attitude.
- Ability to work on open-ended research projects.
- Interest to collaborate with scientists on implementing new algorithms in the areas of machine learning, data mining, statistics, routing and computational geometry
Join us and be a key member of a team that is pursuing future products that will use Apple maps. In your role, you are expected to think out-of-the-box and collaborate with scientists to implement a set of research hypotheses into prototypes for potential products. You will also help build frameworks that enable further explorations and prototyping to happen more quickly.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science
- Preferred, but not necessary:
- • Familiarity with Geo Spatial data
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.