Events Safety Manager - EHS Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. Position Overview Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional for the position of Events Safety Manager to develop and implement EHS and event/production safety programs in support of on and off-site events. The ideal candidate will have a professional working knowledge of local occupational heath and safety requirements, industrial hygiene controls, risk management, physical safety and environmental compliance requirements related to events (concerts, festivals, conferences, etc.).
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to understand the event in its entirety, and make decisions accordingly;
- Work together with the internal team to ensure the event objectives, strategy, and creative requirements are understood;
- Evaluate all event content elements and the production for safety and risk;
- Evaluates production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks;
- Evaluates production/event sets, stages and locations for safety and risk;
- Direct the design and implementation of studio/event related environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene (EHS) programs that achieve and maintain compliance, and minimize the risk of injury and illness;
- Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Events staff;
- Mitigates risk by working directly with Production / Event Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers and other production/ event staff;
- Coordinates production / event employee health & safety training;
- Manage the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns;
- Engage and collaborate with business partners to gain cross-functional support and leverage initiatives across divisions, including facilities, content development, security, procurement, legal, and human resources;
- Ability to travel as required by production / event schedules;
- Works directly with the Production / Event staff in the planning and execution phase of the event to evaluate safety needs and risks, secure resources, etc.;
- Develops and distributes the Production / Event Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and other production / event safety programs;
- Evaluates production / event sets, stages and locations for safety issues and overall risk;
- Recommends corrective actions and assists in implementation;
- Responds to emergencies, incidents and accidents;
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
This position will be the safety lead for live events from start to finish including pre-production planning and on-site execution. The role will be responsible for evaluating CAD drawings, design details (staging, masking, scenic, rigging, projection systems, load-in/load-out and show operations to manage risk and ensure safety and environmental compliance.
Education & Experience
Minimum 8-10 years of professional EHS with a concentration in production, event, concert, etc. safety. Experience working for a studio or production company
- Deep familiarity with MPAA safety programs and guidelines
- Experience managing safety involving large union crews an asset
- Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH) preferred
- Highly self motivated and self managed
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes and programs
- Ability to influence
- Effective decision making
- Ability to work independently without direct management supervision
- Ability to manage multiple high priority project simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
- Highly ethical
- == Apple Values ==
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- Deliver more than the customer expects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Drive for results