Senior Manager, Technical Product Management & Development, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. The tools technology team manages a portfolio of internal tools that encompass planning, workflow, and localization solutions for the entire organization. The Senior Manager of Marcom Tools leads strategy and executes projects to drive product and development work on the internal tools suite within the US and globally. You will work collaboratively with other technical teams and Apple’s enterprise IT organization to drive critical projects for Marcom. You will be responsible for leadership and strategy for the overall tools organization, running development of custom workflow applications built within Marcom while participating in enterprise-wide initiatives. A key part of the job is the ability to communicate clearly, set expectations, and bridge the gap between engineers and technical implementers, and non-technical business users who provide the core requirements.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience directly managing technical projects, demonstrating increasing levels of product management as well as technical architecture responsibilities in a complex enterprise and/or marketing environment.
- Proven ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Expertise in maturing a technology organization through productive critique, evangelism, teaching, training, learning, and coaching; grow available resources to maximize both individual potential and group output.
- Demonstrated background developing innovative workflow solutions with dynamic web sites.
- Quickly understanding how a partner’s needs fit into the larger tools strategy, and working to improve solutions beyond the specifics of the initial request.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies, with proven experience in implementing and adapting those processes to the needs of the organization.
- Established knowledge of Agile software development and managing software development teams.
- Proven experience managing status, project plans, risk, and issues seamlessly.
- Efficient collaboration with both engineering and creative stakeholders to accurately determine needs.
- Able to validate development estimates and solutions against requirements and size technical efforts accurately.
- Understanding of Digital Asset Management solutions and implementations within large organizations.
- Experience communicating with colleagues who have different needs across a large organization: direct reports, development teams, technical peers, project partners, and senior management.
- Partner with Marcom stakeholders to understand needs and determine the best solutions to serve those needs. - Collaborate with Marcom team leads to prioritize stakeholder needs, manage expectations, communicate work effectively, and provide solutions which improve work throughout the organization. - Partner with Apple’s larger IT organization to champion Marcom needs, participate in enterprise projects, and manage Marcom project budget. - Participate in solution evaluations across Apple to determine value and benefit to Marcom. - Budget management, oversight, and advocacy for the team including third party software, tools vendors, and special projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters degree or MBA a plus.