Camera Module Design Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are searching for an extraordinary Hardware Engineers to take ownership in the development of very high performance compact camera modules. We are seeking an engineer to take leadership of camera hardware projects in engagements with product and technology teams.
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. At least 2+ years relevant experience in camera technology or related electronics industry. Ability to lead a cross-functional team of Apple and vendor engineers to address complex, time-critical problems is a key requirement.
- The applicant will be familiar with at least 3 of the skills listed below:
- Design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained, high-volume actuators or translational mechanisms.
- Electronic circuit and system design including power and signal integrity.
- Understanding of geometric optics and image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting.
- Image sensor design or characterization.
- Compact module manufacturing processes such as sensor attachment, flex attachment, active alignment, etc.
- Failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, X-ray, CT scans or SEM. Demonstrated ability in root-cause and corrective-action analysis.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, data reporting, and visualization.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering new products into mass production on time, meeting yield and efficiency targets.
Definition and trade-off studies of camera optics, sensors, actuator, and packaging. Interaction with optical, electrical and mechanical teams on integration of camera hardware into products. Leadership of off-shore manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification. Leadership of failure analysis and corrective action implementation at manufacturing sites, including assembly processes, testing, and calibration; parametric-data analysis of end-of-line yield and post-reliability failures. Evaluation and debugging of camera HW at module and product levels. Documentation of camera-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements. International travel is required to supplier facilities for product development and production bring-up.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in a relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optics, or equivalent)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.