Sr Software Engineer, Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven server-side software engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of scalable services for health software. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of Apple Health and to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Scala and Python a plus
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST)
- Experience with databases systems and data model design
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Ability to express ideas clearly within the team and across departments
- Web frontend experience a plus
In addition to using technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you must be comfortable with rapidly evolving requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Responsibilities: Designing, developing and deploying scalable services. Design and build stable and scalable production systems. Optimizing/aggregating incoming data for automatic analysis and rule generation. Maintaining an intense focus on secure and polished software. Participate in the continual improvement of engineering tools and processes. You will work closely with engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. You will be excited by the prospect of working collaboratively with other groups to deliver truly amazing services to our users. You take responsibility; you can demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the ability to work to deadlines. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; and you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- This position is located in Cupertino, CA.