Quality Engineer - Self Service Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Contribute to the evolution of Apple customer support. Bring to bear your real passion for helping people seek problems. Interact with multi-functional engineering and product teams to test features, perform root cause analysis, and drive the quality of Apple's customer support experience.
- 5+ years experience in software quality assurance testing. Experience as a team lead preferred.
- 3+years experience testing iOS native and Safari based web applications. Expertise with tools like XCode, Charles, Git a requirement.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and Scrum processes along with validated bug detection and regression skills.
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to abstract technical conversations for non-technical partners.
- Attention to detail and a passion to get the little things right.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be directly responsible for: The quality of Apple's customer support experience, including consistent functionality, performance and stability. Understanding new and existing feature implementations in order to craft informed, robust testing charters. We are responsible for authoring test scenarios, scripts and plans. Executing functional, performance and stability. Identifying and reporting defects, inclusive of first-level root cause analysis and consistent steps to reproduce. Championing quality efforts beyond test execution, including collaborating with test automation engineering teams, product management teams, and engineering program teams. Facilitating the work of others to support your efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field.