Reliability Tooling and Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you prepared to work in the world's leading technology company? In Apple’s Reliability Test Engineering group, we strive to ensure that the legendary reliability and quality of Apple products continues far into the future through state of the art stress testing and analysis of Apple’s hardware products. What will your contribution be?
- We design, procure, and release reliability lab test equipment and tooling to Apple reliability labs.
- You will contribute to the development and implementation of new reliability test procedures and systems to be deployed locally and overseas.
- Together, we will participate in discussions resulting in design decisions and action plans to provide effective reliability test equipment solutions
- You will engage with 3rd party shops to outsource fabrication of tooling and equipment
- You will set up and validate new equipment and data acquisition system installations in local reliability labs
- You will provide direct lab support to troubleshoot/update existing test equipment
- (2+ years) BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics - Experience with mechanical assembly design using 3D CAD (NX experience preferred) - Applied experience with robotics, motion control programming, or automated systems for test & assembly - Experience writing LabVIEW code in a professional environment - Experience with design, fabrication and assembly of electro-mechanical systems - An understanding of the operation and application of sensors to measure temperature, speed, force, and acceleration. Applied experience writing data acquisition code to record data from these devices - Fundamental understanding of mechanics, dynamics, and materials in relation to building automated machinery - Hands-on experience with machine shop tools (mills, lathes, …) - Ability to complete assigned work requests in a timely fashion, run multiple projects simultaneously, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A Tooling & Automation Engineer is responsible for providing support in creating imaginative, practical, and comprehensive electromechanical test platforms that test the reliability of Apple’s next-generation products. Apple’s reliability labs provide a fast-paced, hands-on work environment where engineers are expected to be self-motivated, independent, and able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- You will be a supporting member in a team supporting technical challenges of Apple’s new products and modules. Applicants should have a firm grasp of basic physics and electronics and be able to apply common sense and technical skills to take on complex problems. You should exhibit clear and concise oral and written communication skills.