Software Engineering Manager, SDN - Apple Network Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is in the process of building hyper-scale infrastructure to support consumer services such as iCloud, iTunes, Maps, Siri etc to billions of devices. Our team is responsible for defining, innovating and building the software defined infrastructure (SDI) that can deliver the scale. The infrastructure scope covers our global Data Centers, Network Backbone and the Edge Internet. SDI defines the large scale distributed system for intelligent control and monitoring to achieve reliability and performance. Building at such scale brings unique and fundamental challenges driving radical innovations. We are seeking key individuals who are passionate about building and operating a highly scalable, fault-tolerant and robust systems to support one of the largest infrastructures. As a part of the engineering manager role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to key projects as well as manage a team of engineers. Specifically, you will engage in system and platform design and development for its scalable and robust operation.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development of systems
- Minimum 4 years of experience in leading team of engineers
- Solid foundation in architectural design, data structures and algorithms
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, push aggressive deadlines and drive closures
- Deep understanding of distributed systems design principles
- Understanding of network routing and switching platforms and protocols
Manage a team of software engineers who are building software defined networking control planes Individual hands-on contribution into development effort Drive best design principles/rationals and ensure craftsmanship in the development process Drive and establish best practices for process and tools Drive the projects from architectural concepts to development to production Manage collaboration with Network architects, Ops/Engineering and the Application teams
Education & Experience
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science / Engineering with 10 years of software development experience or equivalent experience.