Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a registered paramedic or nurse to apply their professional assessment and evaluations skills in a position performing stress tests and recording measurements. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. If you are passionate about human physiology, health and wellness and want to work in a challenging and fast paced environment then come join us! You will be contributing to significant scientific discovery and innovation and make a widespread impact on the welfare of billions of users by developing extraordinary products and features.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment.
- Candidate must have familiarity with and understanding of ECGs under pressure.
- Ideal candidates will possess an energetic and passionate personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excel at stress management and time management.
- This position requires strengths in interfacing between clinical and engineering staff.
Screen and prepare individuals for various procedures. Supervise and assess individuals during exercise activities. Maintain a safe and clean working environment by aligning with procedures, rules, and regulations. Protect individuals by adhering to infection-control policies and procedures during equipment prep/sterilization. Assist with developing safety procedures for exposure to various environments. Collaborate and consult with staff to optimize safety. Identify and respond to urgent or life-threatening situations. Document relevant health information, observations, and measurements by charting in individual and department records. Ensure operation of data collection equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; maintaining equipment inventories. Maintain healthcare and lab supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results. Maintain an active working knowledge of professional publications and current scope of practice.
Education & Experience
Completion of accredited paramedic program.
- Must pass National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam; or, for nurses, must hold a California state nursing license and pass NCLEX-RN.
- Relevant experience in corporate health and/or consumer product usability evaluation preferred.
- Previous Apple experience preferred.