Maps Software Engineer - Big Data Scala/Spark
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, are passionate about building great products and learning new technologies, a job at Apple Maps is unlike any other you would have had. You’ll be challenged, inspired, and you will be proud of your work. At Apple Maps we are currently hard at work building the best and most current map to serve our hundreds of millions users in their everyday life. Our Maps Data Engineering Team is charged with aggregating, processing, filtering and conflating data from many sources and inferring useful information about real-world behaviors that are reflected in all layers of maps like streets, addresses, parks, rivers etc. We’re looking for a smart, creative and ambitious Engineer who can take projects from initial research through all stages of prototyping, development, and final integration into the production code that goes out to the users.
- Expertise in designing and building distributed large-scale data processing frameworks, APIs and algorithms in Spark/Scala
- Solid knowledge on Hadoop/Spark ecosystem is must
- Strong programming skills in Scala (Must), Python
- Experience with Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computational geometry and graph algorithms is a huge plus.
- Experience in Maps Domain is also a huge plus.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype and propose software design and solutions.
The Maps Data team is chartered to process, analyze and create best and most current data for Apple Maps. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing various sources of information and write algorithms to curate data for new features for our Map. You'll also be responsible for designing and developing critical tools for the Apple Maps data platforms. Our various tools run hundreds of times a day to ensure the rapid evolution of our map data and its timely update. You’ll interact with product managers and other stakeholders to understand various needs and translate them into highly performing code to operate on a large dataset efficiently.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Masters degree in CS or equivalent with 4 - 6 years industry experience
- - Familiarity with computational geometry are a plus.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.