AR/VR Software Development Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an AR/VR Software Development Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in exploring future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C++
- Excellent 3D math skills (linear algebra).
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the state-of-the-art of technology to find the best experiences for our products. You are comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers will work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- - Experience in core C/C++ software development in rendering, lighting or other graphics-related tools.
- - Must have rendering experience in raytracing and global illumination
- - Extensive experience with at least one of the graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, Direct3D, Console, etc.)
- - Knowledge of at least one shader programming language (Metal Shading Language, HLSL, GLSL)
- - Strong interest and experience in next generation rendering technology
- - Understanding of GPU HW pipeline and experience with GPU performance analysis and optimizations