Software Quality Engineer - iOS System UI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS System UI - Quality Team is looking for a driven and dedicated Software Quality Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of testing the most iconic operating system. From the Lock Screen and Notifications to the Home Screen and Multi-tasking, the System UI team is responsible for preserving the fluid look and feel of the iOS ecosystem, including iPadOS.
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports
- Experience writing and triaging automated software tests (e.g., unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests)
- Experience in driving development and deployment of relevant testing tools and infrastructure
- Experience writing code in Objective C or Swift to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- Experience with XCTest and Xcode
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with a passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- A keen eye for detail
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team which is responsible for the project known as Springboard. You will work closely with software engineers, project managers, and other Apple QA teams. You will ensure that Apple delivers the next generation of iOS with the highest quality by contributing to pre-submission testing. A mix of manual testing supplemented by automated suites help ensure scale but need to be able to focus on the larger projects while sweating the small UI details.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience