UI Designer, Common UI Design Systems, AMP
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
There’s the typical job. Then there’s a career at Apple. Where we'll challenge you to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. Apple Media Products design is seeking a UI designer to focus on standards and consistency across Apple's media products and services. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers applying them across Apple's media apps and services to create a suite of elegant products that anyone can use. The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- 5+ years of design experience focused on unifying UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- Experience and interest designing media applications and services, while maintaining Apple's design aesthetic and interaction patterns.
- A portfolio of work that showcases perfection in user experience and visual design.
- A proven ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork and cooperation, and build partnerships across multiple design organizations.
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation, and organize them into libraries that are easy and enjoyable for other designers to use.
- Extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, and similar tools.
- Deep knowledge of the UI controls available in Apple UI frameworks, and familiarity with the underlying technology that powers them.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards, inclusive design practices, and accessibility features on Apple operating systems.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- A passion for Apple, our products, and our customers is a requirement.
You will help product design teams meet customers' high expectations for quality and familiarity by applying system-provided interface elements, icons, text styles, and uniform terminology to innovative new features; work across product design teams to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns; develop and maintain a pattern library and documentation; and advocate for UI standards and accessibility with designers, engineers, and stakeholders. - You're an advocate for visual and behavioral consistency, with deep knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. - You can spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the playbook to evolve. - You identify new design trends emerging in the design community within Apple and at large, and find significant ways to incorporate them into Apple's design language.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience