Big Data Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the ongoing AI revolution that is redefining human-computer interactions. Solve some of the most challenging problems in Artificial Intelligence and NLP applied to international languages. Create cutting edge Deep Learning and NLP technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Shape the advancement of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural voice assistant used by millions around the world. Join Siri International at Apple.
- Proficiency implementing Big Data applications using MapReduce, Spark, Hadoop, Oozie and Pig.
- Strong coding skills and experience with at least one high-level programming language (Python, Scala, Java or equivalent).
- Proven record of 3+ years of experience building Big Data pipelines.
- Proficiency with SQL and strong knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with HBase, Cassandra, Druid, Kafka is a plus.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to communicate ideas in a clear and effective manner with engineering and data science teams.
- Attention to detail.
As a Data Engineer your responsibility is to support the Data Scientists and ML/NLP Engineers in the team to generate good quality data that is key to drive the development of our Machine Learning applications. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to: extracting raw data from different sources, processing (cleaning, transformation, feature extraction) data for annotation, model training and evaluation, implementing data storage solutions, and monitoring data quality metrics.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS or related field