Program Manager, Display Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. With multiple technical teams within Display Operations, the Display Program Manager (DPM) serves to pull together all relevant teams necessary to drive ramp readiness, and provide a cohesive, coordinated message to upper management and cross-functional teams. A successful DPM is a natural leader and facilitator. Driven, organized, and detail- oriented, you are adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, and communicating with ease at all levels of the organization. They excel at program management and thrive in a dynamic environment where change is the only constant.
- Previous experience in a new product or operations program management role.
- Track record achieving significant results on complex projects in an often ambiguous and always fast changing environment.
- Proven leadership in driving solutions to challenges under high pressure situations and in the absence of ownership.
- Self-starter with incredible drive, motivation, and energy to complete any challenge given.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and executive presentations.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships, build cross-functional teams and exert effective influence in a matrix organization.
- Ability to think strategically, while driving tactical program execution with phenomenal attention to details.
- Mandarin, Korean or Vietnamese fluency considered a plus.
Drive overall Display module ramp readiness by working with the Display Development cross-functional core teams comprised of Display Module Engineering, Advanced Design Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process Engineering, Product Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering and Global Supply Managers. Set the agenda and communicate project status at Display Operations executive reviews in a clear, concise, and focused message. Drive and track closure of technical issues that impact overall product readiness by working with technical teams to ensure that risks are identified, prioritized, communicated, and closed. Lead the development and execution of the micro-schedules of ramp plans across multiple suppliers and factories by working with in-region and Cupertino counterparts and suppliers. Lead as program manager by identifying, marshaling, and organizing resources to solve complex issues during bring- up and ramp as necessary. Lead on-site reviews of module readiness for development builds and production ramp. Planning, execution, and reporting of Operations builds for display. Drive equipment supplier readiness as needed in the areas of manufacturing, quality control and delivery schedules. Continue to refine project management tools and standardize reporting/processes to improve communications between teams and management.
Education & Experience
- BS/MBA degree. A combination of both formal education and experience in Engineering and Business is highly desirable. Equivalent industry work experience is acceptable.