Environmental Initiatives Program Manager - India
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) Environmental Initiatives Team with a specific focus on India and Middle East. The mission of the Environmental Initiatives Team is to ensure that Apple's products and processes meet and surpass national and regional environmental regulatory requirements. In addition, the team anticipates upcoming trends and helps to formulate dedicated approaches and establish environmental leadership programs. The EMEIA Environmental Initiatives Team supports Apple's corporate environmental groups to deliver programs on among others carbon foot-printing, phase out of hazardous substances, energy efficiency, recycling technologies, take-back solutions, renewable energy and manufacturing support. The main focus of this position is on tracking, monitoring and implementation of environmental regulations in India and the Middle East, establishing relationships to key internal and external partners, and identifying and developing leadership opportunities for Apple in the field of environmental responsibility. We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong communications skills, who is a self-motivator and has critical thinking capabilities, wanting to lead change and enjoys working in a high paced, international work environment.
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in the environmental space, preferably in IT or wider electronics industry.
- Business, Sustainability, Science and/or Engineering degree in a direction relevant to this job description.
- Excellent understanding of sustainability and environmental topics and fundamentals.
- Demonstrated passion for environmental and sustainability practices.
- Affinity with IT and consumer electronics.
- Exposure to working in Middle East on environmental regulations is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain relations to partners.
- Proven track record of making a difference and driving environmental progress in complex organizations.
- Show initiative, flexibility and ability to adapt to different types of multi-functional business requirement in short time frame.
- Independent worker with a proven ability to influence others.
- Entrepreneurial and innovation focused mindset.
- Experience in interacting with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal skills; fluency in English is essential.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
This position is focused on India and Middle East with responsibility for the following: Monitor and assess environmental regulations and trends. Establish, develop and maintain dialogue with selected external partners (e.g. local authorities, academia, research organizations, leaders with vision, etc.). Manage environmental leadership programs together with internal and external partners. Develop and manage contacts with industry associations and environmental regulatory agencies in India. Engage with a large variety of Apple internal multi-functional teams like sales, corporate communications, legal, government affairs, product marketing, environmental technologies, procurement, corporate recycling and finance. Providing solutions to day-to-day environmental issues Establish projects on environmental priorities for Apple in country and regionally as required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.