Video Codec Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for a highly ambitious and enthusiastic individual, who is able to excel in a technically meaningful environment, to fill in the position of video codec algorithm engineer. In this role you will work as an individual contributor in a small and dynamic team, developing video compression and processing algorithms for current and future Apple products.
- - Expert knowledge in video and image coding principles, algorithms, and techniques
- - Expert knowledge in video compression standards, such as H.264, HEVC, VVC, VP9, AV1
- - Experienced in assessing visual quality using both objective metrics and subjective techniques
- - Understanding of hardware-based techniques and able to forge ideas that will work in a hardware implementation would be a plus
- - Expert knowledge in digital signal processing and information theory would be a bonus
- - Familiarity with video processing algorithms such as scaling, noise reduction, tone mapping, etc would be a plus
- - Familiarity with the latest computer vision and deep learning technologies would be a plus
- - Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- - Solid programming skills and C/C++ coding abilities
- - Good written and oral communication skills
This position requires a highly self-directed individual with strong creative and analytic skills and passion for video coding and processing technologies. Your responsibilities include, but not limited to: Invent and implement new video compression/processing algorithms that works well with existing hardware. Spearhead R&D in upcoming new media compression technologies and standards. Work with other hardware/software architects to define and implement media features and algorithms for future products.
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related fields