Data Science Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The System Quality team is seeking a data science engineer to help us improve software quality for iOS and macOS. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in developing new tools and processes for the SWE Program group.
- 2+ years working in data science theory and engineering.
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling, and ranking.
- Familiarity with the latest NLP and ML approaches preferred.
- Proficiency in data science and analytics, including statistical analyses and A/B testing. Experience designing, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to gracefully deal with ambiguity.
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology.
On the System Quality team, we are responsible for performing ad hoc data analysis, development and maintenance of distributed data pipelines, and creation of analysis tools. You will need to be familiar with the software development lifecycle of large projects like operating systems.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience