CAD Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have experience leading teams to successful delivery of innovative silicon design methodologies and flows? Are you a hands-on top-class organizer who can prioritize issues and day-to-day tasks with first-class social skills? Do you dream of joining the team that delivers state of the art technology at the core of Apple's products? Apple's Hardware Technology Engineering Program Management Team is looking for an inventive, high-energy Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to support the Silicon Engineering CAD organization. In this role, you will utilize your technical skills in front-end and back-end silicon CAD design flows. You will use your communication and program management skills to drive schedules and resolve issues across multiple projects, technology nodes, and sites.
- 7+ years of program / project management experience leading Silicon projects / CAD Projects, or a combination of Program Management and CAD design experience.
- SoC design and CAD flow knowledge are required.
- Experience in any of the following: Front-end (Logic design, Synthesis, DV or DFT) and Back-end (PNR, STA, LS, DRC, Extraction) CAD Tools/Flows.
- Participate in technical discussions, ask probing questions, and work with the team to pull together scoping, schedules, and solutions to issues.
- Work on an EPM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable on-time silicon to meet ambitious product schedules.
- Excellent leadership skills, enthusiasm, and ability to inspire team members.
- A background successfully handling conflicting priorities and driving results.
- Experience with successfully delivering multiple silicon tapeouts.
- Strong desire to own project development and drive team to success.
- Enjoy sharing in the success of delivering a successful product.
• Work directly with Hardware Technology teams and be responsible for working closely with CAD, design, and technology teams to craft a project plan, identify / resolve blockers, and align CAD team work across multiple parallel projects. • Own and drive high-level achievements by focusing the CAD team on meeting near-term landmarks and unblock technical issues by pulling together the relevant multi-functional technical specialists. • Run and track project schedules by driving high-level achievement execution in a dynamic core technology team. • Responsible for daily and long-term project management tasks. • Participate in early planning of new projects as well as resourcing and scheduling. • Assist with development of and ownership for tracking new project schedules and resource metrics. • Drive weekly schedule and communication meetings with upper management. • Ensure effective project schedule and dependency communication with the design team. • Rolling up your sleeves and doing what it takes to things done.
Education & Experience
• MS or BS Degree in technical discipline