Sr. Manager, WW Retail Programs - Apple Channels
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Your role reports to the Director, Apple WW Channel Sales Programs and is responsible for defining, developing, deploying, sustaining and growing Apple’s global Retail Programs in the Channel. Retail Programs at Apple are deployed across all key routes to market, including Consumer Electronics, Carrier, Mass Merchant etc., across 100+ countries WW. The programs aim to drive a best in class customer experience through the channel, incorporating visual merchandizing, fixtures, marketing assets, staffing, training, demo units and content, in-store technology, demand generation, services and more. The success of these programs is dependent upon the coordinated efforts of several key teams within Apple. The Channel Sales Programs team leads the overall strategy for, and execution of, these programs. The Sr. Manager of Retail Programs works closely with regional sales leaders around the world, as well as with cross-functional teams in Cupertino; including, but not limited to, Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, Finance, Sales Training, Staffing, Sales Communications, Program Operations, Procurement, Contracts and Legal. You will be leading the cross-functional forums where all of these functions come together to blend strong brand and amazing products with exceptional planning, execution and on-going management, development and oversight.
- You have 15+ years of Retail/Retail Marketing and Retail Channel Operations experience.
- Retail Sales and Marketing experience in a Channel/Partner environment
- You are experienced in a Retail Development role with execution responsibility.
- Experience in M&A, Business Development, or Business Strategy roles.
- Experience in global roles, with specific experience in international markets desired.
- You have the ability to balance short-term execution needs with long-term strategic goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presenting to executives.
- You have excellent analytical skills and leadership skills
- Ability to be effective in both direct and virtual team leadership, and creating impact through influence.
Maintain a solid understanding of Apple’s corporate and regional sales strategies, channel marketing strategies and plans. Lead sales leadership forums to discuss future requirements and priorities for Programs. Set and drive end-to-end strategy and plan for each of the Retail Programs currently live. Develop new programs as needed. Own Program Management cross-functionally, across all Apple teams. Lead coordinated Program launches for regional teams and channel partners. Drive process efficiency in the ongoing development and deployment of programs. Drive on-going program improvement, based on regional needs, market development, performance evaluation, Apple strategic direction etc.
Education & Experience
BS/BA required, advanced degree preferred.