Ultra-High Resolution CT Engineering Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Our diverse CT team is currently looking for a CT Engineering intern who is actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the field of Mechanical/Materials Engineering or Physical Sciences. Dynamic, creative people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in helping craft solutions that do not yet exist? As an intern, you would help us with deep-dive material analysis using ultra-high resolution CT at Apple. Our team is responsible for providing failure analysis support to multiple engineering teams from the beginning through the end of all product lifecycles. If you love innovating and are comfortable navigating through rapidly changing schedules and project scopes, you are our ideal candidate.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong attention to details and curiosity for how technologies work
- Experience with image analysis software
- Background in electrochemical systems (Batteries, Fuel cells, etc.)
- Scripting/programming skills
- Some experience in designing and building mechanical/electrical systems
- Capable of multitasking and handling multiple projects at the same time
- Go-getter and dynamic engineer who is capable of working seamlessly with multi-functional teams
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques (E.g. (Optical Microscopy, X-ray/CT, Scanning Electron Microscopy/Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy, etc.)
Help develop new analytical test techniques Design experimental set-up for in-situ 3D scanning of materials, such as battery components, chips, polymer composites, etc., at different environmental conditions Characterize material behavior and creative method development for image processing
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the field of Mechanical/Materials Engineering or Physical Sciences.