Software Engineer - WiFi Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Location, Motion, and Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. As part of the WiFi software development team, we make decisions that influence the connectivity experience on products people use every single day, across the world. - Are you a software development enthusiast? - Are you passionate about Internet-enabled devices and networking protocols? - Do you want to learn more about WiFi and other wireless technologies? If your answer is yes, we may have the job for you.
- Experience developing software using C/C++, Objective-C, or Java
- Experience with UNIX systems, and a deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Experience developing iOS or macOS application (preferred)
- Knowledge 802.11 technologies and standards (preferred)
As WiFi team member, you'll be responsible for designing, developing and optimizing WiFi networking subsystem software across Apple products including iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. You will also be working across software stacks (Frameworks and API, UI, OS services, and drivers) to maintain and productize features collaboratively with the hardware and software teams within all of Apple. You will be expected to own, drive and execute the full software development cycle - from the ideation, design, implementation, to testing and measuring the success of the feature you develop. We want you to make intelligent compromises between several contradictory factors such as ease of use, performance and efficiency.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters Degree is preferred.