Video Codec QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine the impact you can make. A billion users will use the technologies you helped craft almost daily. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work on products that are always leaders in the industry and occasionally, change the world! The Video Engineering group at Apple is responsible for creating the image/video core technologies used in almost all Apple products and services.
- 3 to 5 years of SQA, or related software engineering experience
- 2+ years of Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting experience
- 1+ years of CI and automation experience
- Command-line Apps/Tools development experiences
- Working knowledge of UNIX-based systems
- Excellent problem solving and good reasoning skills
- Video Quality assessment and tuning knowledge is a bonus
- Video Codecs knowledge is a bonus
- Experience in C/C++ will be a plus
- Phenomenal teammate with dedicated attitude/personality
- Positive thinking, dedicated, inventive, and willing to take challenges.
Mac Video Codec team is seeking an experienced, ambitious quality engineer with a passion for making the iOS/macOS experience the best it can be. You will work with the latest Apple products, ensuring that the media experience is the best on the planet. In this role, testing efforts will target image & video encode, decode, scaling, and post-processing technologies on iOS/watchOS/tvOS devices; working closely with FW/Driver developer and SOC and SW/App teams to ensure overall software quality. The automation effort includes but not limited to CI (Continuous Integration), source control, Python/Shell scripting, bug reproducing/reporting/regression/follow up, maintaining test racks/farms, and development and execution of automated test plans and test cases. You should have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive complex and challenging projects. Strong collaboration with engineering teams and an ability to thrive under pressure, are key skills required to succeed.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in EE, CS, or related field