Edge North Network Support Engineer
Sacramento, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how we take an order online, the experience with technology in our retail stores, how much network capacity we need around the world, the processing of every credit card an iTunes customer uses, and closing the books. IS&T does it all. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, customer focussed, technically savvy Network Support Engineer to support Apple's Global Edge infrastructure. This is a fast paced and highly demanding environment. If you have a strong passion to work in a growing environment of innovation while exuding deep collaboration skills, this position is for you.
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal communications and customer service skills.
- At least 1 year experience in retail or help desk customer service.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer service focus in stressful situations.
- Understanding of large scale enterprise IT infrastructures and corresponding dependencies.
- Competencies in Major Incident Management.
- Able to proficiently coordinate and troubleshoot with internal and external partners within a large scale enterprise.
- Able to meet service-level agreement (SLA) deadlines and work within a fast paced environment without impacting services.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI models.
- Understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting and networking.
- Able to affectively navigate UNIX, LINUX, and/or FreeBSD based operating systems.
- Having achieved at least one of the following certifications or having equivalent competencies: Cisco CCNA, Red Hat RHCSA, and/or Citrix CCA-N.
- Understanding of the following technologies: Load Balancing, Domain Name Systems (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration. Protocol (DHCP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with ITIL incident and problem management is a plus.
- Understanding of Configuration Management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet.
- Programming experience in Python, Go, Pearl, and/or Bash.
- Understanding of Containerization tools like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Proxying Services such as Apache Traffic Server, Squid, and/or NGINX.
IS&T’s Global Network and Computing Services (GNCS) provides architecture, planning, management, and maintenance of Apple’s global networks and computing systems. GNCS delivers extraordinary information technology infrastructure from Apple’s data and voice networks and data center hosted computing systems to each Mac or IOS device and everything in between.
Education & Experience
- Work hours are variable. This is a 24/7, 365 days per year environment
- Weekend and holiday work required