Localization Project Manager, Digital Content
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little guidance should fuel your creativity? This role is for a highly motivated program manager, to join the Digital Content Management (DCM) Localization team. You will work closely with other WW Localization Project and Program Managers, to align on processes and standard methodologies. This person will also work closely with DCM teams across Cupertino, Singapore, Tokyo and London to ensure timely delivery of localized content for Campaigns, Programs, Engineering Releases and New Product Introductions.
- You have working understanding of project management tools and methodologies.
- You have 5+ years experience in running a portfolio of projects, either agency or client side.
- You have experience in managing localization, internationalization and/or globalization projects.
- Experience working in a dynamic production environment.
- You have validated skills to present excellent written documents and presentations.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Your extraordinary organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects at once makes you a master at multi-tasking and delivery quality and detail oriented work.
- You are a driven, dedicated self-starter.
- You thrive with limited direction in an ambiguous work environment and enjoy the challenge it brings.
We are looking for an expert project manager, who has seen many projects from conception to completion. You are a born communicator, with the ability to maintain tight relationships across a broad set of partner groups. You have experience in working with international teams, and a real passion for top of class customer experiences. You thrive in leaving no rock unturned, and deal with ambiguity and paradox with grace. You have a background in product or software localization, and are process minded. You are focused on great customer experience, and how truly localized content is key to successful business. Key Responsibilities - You will work with key DCM teams on localization of content for the eCommerce experience on apple.com, the Apple Store App, and WeChat and Tmall platforms. - You will lead localization projects from beginning to end, using our in-house translation management software (WorldServer) and translation memory tools. - You will have the opportunity to work with both internal and external language specialist teams. - You will lead and direct localization vendors, giving them clear and concise guidelines on Apple eCommerce requirements. - You will act as point of contact for urgent localization requests coming out of the regional teams. - You will handle Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) projects during engineering release cycles, campaigns, programs and new product introductions. - You will build reporting for localization functions within the DCM organization. - You will be involved in handoff review meetings with DCM teams, and feedback localization specific needs. - You will coordinate with other Localization Project and Program Managers to create consistent processes and practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or higher preferred. Project Management qualification and foreign language skills are a plus.