Acoustic Engineer, Beats Acoustics & Audio
Culver City, California, United States
Ever wonder why Beats by Dr Dre sound so phenomenal? Are you curious about the hype? We elevate our customers' music experience by hiring the best talent from across the world! Do you have a passion for audio and acoustics? Do you have a background in transducer and loudspeaker engineering and a passion for developing the highest quality sound systems? Beats Electronics at Apple is seeking to hire a forward-thinking Acoustic Engineer like yourself to join our dynamic, innovative and fast- paced team in sunny Culver City, CA. You will use your expertise in acoustics, transducer and audio system design to conceive and develop innovative loudspeaker products that sound terrific!
- Extensive experience with the simulation of loudspeaker transducers and acoustic systems using lumped-parameter, FEA and BEM simulation tools
- Extensive experience developing transducers for high-fidelity loudspeaker applications
- Comprehensive understanding of transducer components, materials, manufacturing and assembly processes
- Extensive experience specifying and evaluating loudspeaker transducers and acoustics
- Experience with audio analyzers (Audio Precision APx, Listen SoundCheck, Klippel R&D/QC), measurements and interpretation
- Theoretical background in acoustics
- Competency in Matlab
- Competency in statistical data analysis, reporting, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Applications-level knowledge of audio electronics, signal processing, and tuning techniques for powered loudspeakers is a plus
- Competency in scripting/programming languages - e.g. PERL, Python, C/C#/C++, VB is a plus
- Experience working with high-volume, off-shore manufacturers and able to travel internationally
- Passion for music is expected
Conceive and develop transducer and loudspeaker prototypes to meet performance targets Communicate acoustic system performance expectations and results Responsible for transducer and audio/acoustic system design verification Work within the interdisciplinary engineering development team to ensure acoustic performance and audio system sound quality objectives are met. Mentor and guide the efforts of supporting Engineers and Technicians Collaborate with transducer supplier and system ODM on acoustic testing for mass production. Innovate and push boundaries of the current state of the art.
Education & Experience
BS or MS, or equivalent, with specialization in acoustics 7+ years experience developing audio transducers and loudspeakers Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.