Audio System Engineer - Beats Audio
Culver City, California, United States
The Acoustics team at Beats Electronics is responsible for the acoustic design and overall sound quality of music playback on Beats products. We share a passion for music, audio acoustics and developing the highest quality sound systems. We are seeking an Audio System Engineer to join our dynamic, innovative and fast-paced team based in sunny Culver City, CA. You will be responsible for audio technology development of active noise cancellation (ANC) and noise reduction, and its integration into our Beats audio products.
- Expertise in control theory and active noise cancellation techniques
- ANC and transparency tuning and optimization for in-ear, on-ear and over-the-ear headphone products
- Feedback suppression, adaptive filters, and passive noise attenuation
- Wind noise and handling noise mitigation; idle noise minimization
- Hands-on, application-level knowledge of acoustic transducers , audio electronics, analog and digital signal processing (DSP)
- Experience with Audio/acoustic analyzers (e.g. Audio Precision, SoundCheck), headphone/earphone acoustic measurement systems (e.g. B&K, GRAS), and audio interfaces (e.g. Lynx, RME), acoustic chambers.
- Algorithm simulation in software such as MATLAB and prototyping on real-time hardware platforms
- Competent data analysis and presentation skills
- Acoustic modeling skills including lumped-parameters circuits and COMSOL is a plus
- 3+ years of professional experience preferably in consumer electronics or product manufacturing
Develop, integrate, tune, and verify ANC performance on Beats headphone and earphone products. Implement and document measurements. Collaborate with Acoustic Engineering colleagues to optimize ANC in conjunction with overall system sound performance. Work independently on product development teams as point-of-contact for ANC performance; interact with Beats/Apple Engineering counterparts and supplier engineering teams to ensure performance targets and delivery milestones are met. Develop and demo ANC system prototypes, characterize and communicate performance to the team. Provide guidance on optimal microphone and driver requirements and locations. Engage with NPI and factory engineering teams on bring-up and verification of high-volume production-line calibration and test systems. Includes international travel. Monitor and perform statistical analysis on production acoustic test results, to ensure product performance and quality requirements are met with a high degree of consistency. Perform competitive evaluation and benchmarking; Investigate latest and future technologies related to ANC.
Education & Experience
BS or MS, or equivalent, with specialization in acoustics, audio engineering, or related field 3+ years engineering experience Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.